Ask before proceeding when unrecording a patch with dependencies

Playing around I realized that if I unrecord a patch with dependencies the dependencies are unrecorded as well. That’s expected but I think it something people won’t have in mind while working so it would be nice if

1. The log tells you if a patch has dependencies (maybe with a “Has dependencies” entry before the patch name) and
  2. Ask before unrecord a patch with dependencies (e.g. “, , …, depend on this patch. Shall I unrecord it?”

That would probably be better. Mind opening a request on https://nest.pijul.com/pijul_org/pijul:master/discussions ?

Done!

Thank you, that’s probably a good-first-contribution… (for whomever wants).

There remains conflicts in pijul worktree that would prevent fist-contribution to happen, I am afraid.

Shamefully, yes. An audit of the new diff code is needed and in (slow) progress on my side.

1 Like

@pmeunier sorry if I am being annoying, but I can’t get a conflict-free version of pijul from the master branch of the upstream. I see you have pushed a new patch today, so you have a merge patch somewhere?

You are not being annoying at all, that bug was. It’s hopefully fixed now, sorry for the large patch.

I don’t think the dependencies of a patch should be unrecorded, but the patches that depend on it can’t survive.

I believe the problem here is not in how libpijul::unrecord, but in how pijul::commands::ask produces a list.