Pijul

Nix flakes integration?

I was considering using pijul to manage my nix flakes, but since nix flakes seem heavily tied to git and hg, I’m not sure how to do this. On the Flakes - NixOS Wiki this is written after all: “Warning: flake makes a strong assumption that the folder is a git or mercurial repository. It doesn’t work outside of them.”

I don’t know, I’m not super familiar with flakes, because I couldn’t get them to work for everything I wanted (like deploying nest.pijul.com). The NixOS maintainers are aware of the existence of Pijul, I believe the main missing thing to have a proper fetchPijul in nixpkgs would be the tag command, which at the moment depends on the new backend (the new Sanakirja). So, there’s nothing much I can do at the moment, except finish that (very long and tedious) integration job.

Huh, thanks!

金, 2月 19, 2021 at 11:39, Pierre-Étienne Meunier via Pijul <pijul@discoursemail.com> が送信:

Aren’t states and channels enough? Or if not, what are states then/where are they explained?

That’s a bit too strong a statement, I think: There are path and tarball fetchers, so flakes needn’t be VCS repos at all. Certainly it helps with reproducability if you have an archive of uniquely identified versions.