How to add my SSH key to the Nest

I just installed pijul and was trying to push my first patch to the Nest. For that I first have to add my public SSH key to the Nest, which I generated with pijul key gen. However I cannot find a way to actually view that key and paste it into the website!
What am I missing?

You can do:

cat ~/.pijulconfig/id_ed25519.pub
1 Like

If you are on windows, open the file already told by pmeunier in a text editor (you’ll probably need to right-click open with), then copy its whole content

Great, thanks for the help! :smiley:
I have two more things that I am stuck on now, though. ^^’

• When cloning pijul_org/manual, the file src/the_nest/public_keys.md is instead named src/the_nest/public_keys.md.6D6WucQP5N, despite that not being visible on the web Nest and pijul showing the repo to be pristine and not mentioning the change when recording a patch - what’s going on there? Is that one of the corrupted repos?
  • When trying to push to the Nest, I simply receive error: connection reset. Is there any way to debug that further?

For that one, you “just” need to try again, until it finally works. It should take less than 5 attempts, as far as I can tell.

Why the Nest is itchy like that is still badly known, I think.

1 Like

Thanks, that did the job! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a conflict, probably coming from our recent patch format change (there is reasonable evidence to say this will be the last such change in a very long time).

I’ll release a new version of the manual very soon.

1 Like

This is partly due to the fact that the Tokio ecosystem (a library to write asynchronous servers in Rust) is moving too fast for the Nest to track it, but I’m working on it. I feel I should get involved in Tokio a bit more.

1 Like